Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Roald Dahl book & 2005 Tim Burton movie)

 Good morning starshine, the earth says hello!











Hi! In the last month and a half I have been reading the book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, that my English teacher had lent me. I was really excited from having this book in my hands because I really like the movie based on it.

It was fun. I was comparing the events in the book with the events in the movie - every little detail - and was searching for pieces of Johnny in the book 😁 - because I remembered quite vividely Willy Wonka’s (movie) specific sence of humour.


Book x movie:

Book Willy Wonka’s humour was kind of similar to the one’s in the film. But he was different in some ways. One of them is that he was so excited to meet all of the children and was throwing complimets at them one by one. Movie Wonka was like: “I don’t care. You’re weird...’

And book’s Wonka was just as annoyed from Mikes everlasting talking like movie Wonka.

via GIPHY


One of movie’s iconic moments included in the book:

- *Augustus is in the pipe leading from the chocolate river*

Wonka says he wouldn’t allow him turning into chocolate.

‘And why not?’ shrieked Mrs Gloop.

‘Because the taste would be terrible,’ said Mr Wonka. ‘Just imagine it! Augustus-flavoured-chocolate-coated Gloop! No one would buy it.’


I found it really hilarious. Augustus was in the river, he couldn't swim and the Oompa-Loompas were singing lines like: "Augustus Gloop will not be harmed, although, of course, we must admit, he will be altered quite bit.' 'Slowly, the wheels go round and round, the cogs begin to grind and pound; a hundred knives go slice,  slice, slice.' (!!)


Reading these and other lines was so funny. But this important one was not in the book.:

via GIPHY


I enjoyed the time with this book and placed it among my favourite books. 😀

I recomend you to read it too just for the entertainment and because the book also included a chapter, that wasn't in the movie, called Square Sweets That Look Round.


Also, few months ago I came up with the idea of how exciting it would be if they made this 'Golden tickets contest' and the people who would find the ticket could meet Johnny Depp in person for like a lunch or something.

You can send him the idea! 😂

via GIPHY


Have you read/watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?  Did you like it?



** I want to ask English people: There often was like '....,' cried Mr Wonka. Is this an expression you use often? **





Komentáře

Oblíbené příspěvky